15. Jim Walton â€“ Net Worth: $64.3 Billion
- The Waltons are the heir to one of the most well-known names in America â€“ Wal-Mart. The family controls more than 50% of the Wal-Mart Corporation, and combined are worth at least $150 billion based on Forbes' wealth estimates.
- Jim Walton, the youngest son of the Sam Walton (who built the Wal-Mart chain), is currently worth $64.3 billion.
- Jim sat on Walmartâ€™s board for more than a decade before yielding the seat to his son, Steuart, in June 2016.
- Jimâ€™s sister, Alice Walton, is worth $65.9 billion whereas Rob Walton, the eldest brother is worth $65.3 billion.
- Rob retired as chairman in June 2015 and was replaced by his son-in-law, Greg Penner. He still sits on Walmartâ€™s board.
- Alice Walton is the only daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton. She has focused on curating art, rather than working for Walmart like her siblings, Rob and Jim.